valve adjustments

1 reply to this topic
  • mat

Posted October 07, 2001 - 09:21 PM

anyone have any tips/advice on adjusting valves, this will be my first attempt on a yzf, do u really have to remove the rads like the manual says, thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted October 08, 2001 - 11:13 AM

I didn't remove my right-side radiator when checking valve lash. It's a little tight getting the compression release actuator out and back in but it wasn't all that difficult. I really don't understand why the manual says to remove it.

My '00 manual also has a blatant mistake. It states that the cam gears are bolted on. They are pressed on. It makes wonder if there was a design change at the last minute. Sure would have been nice if they were bolted on so that the cams could be degreed without buying adaptors.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.