YZ450F No Water Pump Free Play - New Seals

1 reply to this topic

Posted September 02, 2012 - 06:38 PM

my water pump was leaking from the weep hole, i just replaced both seals and put the crankcase cover back on. before i took it apart, the water pump impeller has some free play, you could go either direction a few degrees with no resistance, it moved easily with fingers.

now its very tight. i have tto use a socket to move it, and it turns the engine over, but before it turns the engine it does seem to go a few degrees before the piston actually moves. i just want to makee sure its not installed wrong before i try to start it. so is it normal to get this tight with new seals?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 04, 2012 - 06:07 AM

Was it free before the case went back on the engine?

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.