jump a double

3 replies to this topic
  • az426

Posted October 07, 2001 - 04:39 PM

hey guys i am kind of aiming this question
to the arizona guys who have ridden recently at motogrande mx.there is a double jump that
i am dying to try but have not yet attempted.
i was wondering if anyone has tried it,and
maybe the technique.it is the only real double there-it is the one before the man made hill on the pit side.it has a steep face
maybe 30ft between but same height maybe a tad higher on the landing side then goes down into the hole.it seems only a handfull
of beg./nov. riders even do this anyways.my fear is not getting the distance and casing the land side,any suggestions?

• Thumpin_426

Posted October 08, 2001 - 05:41 AM

I don't ride that track but it's probably like any double on a typical MX track. Anywhere from 30' - 50' feet apart peak to peak. I usually hit those in a strong 3rd gear or an easy 4th. The best way is to watch the other guys that are doing it. Even ride side by side to get an idea of the proper speed. Yeh, casing it really sucks!! I can identify with your concerns.

Hope this helps!! Good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted October 08, 2001 - 07:40 AM

I like the idea of following someone over it, or better yet follow by riding next to them as Thumpin suggested. There was a double at my favorite track which I was very nervous about trying. Then one day I foud someone who cleared it easily every lap and I followed them over it. It turned out to be possibly the easiest jump on the track, just looked scary to someone who had never tried it before. In any event, if you're basically comfortable with jumping then I do recommend the follow someone else aproach. Better to over jump than under jump!

• Jeepentj

Posted October 13, 2001 - 06:20 PM

az426,

I live in Arizona about 30 minutes from Moto Grande and in fact will be at MotoGrande tomorrow (Sunday). Come on out and I'll show you how to roll the jump (I don't jump it either). I will be in a yellow 2000 Jeep Warngler and 3-rail trailer.

Hope to see you there.

David
2001 YZ 426 (No Number)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.