dot knobbies

3 replies to this topic
  • exracer2

Posted August 31, 2012 - 08:13 PM

just wondering what air pressures you guys are running in your dot tires, on the street and off road. thanks. exracer2

• MANIAC998

Posted September 01, 2012 - 02:37 AM

Pirelli MT21's with 13 psi.
Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alpha One Nine

Posted September 01, 2012 - 06:40 PM

I run more air on pavement (25 front and 28 rear). My last tires were Maxxcross IT (non-DOT) and the pavement was very hard on them at lower pressure. I just put on a new set Pirelli XCMH and will probably continue to air them up for pavement but the more I ride the WR on pavement the less I want to. It’s a dirt bike.

• Road Rage

Posted September 05, 2012 - 06:57 PM

I have used Dunlop 606's, they worked pretty good, I was running 15psi in them as the trails I was running on has lots of rocks and lower pressures usually resulted in pinch flats, however the higher pressure made the front tire a bit slippery in the turns, but it was predictable and manageable. The rear tire hooked up well when I got into singletrack rooty/muddy/rocky stuff. They were great on the road with no creep or walking out in the turns, they lasted about 900 miles with 70/30 dirt/street use. They were pricey so I would rate them 7 out of 10. I am trying Motoz DOT approved now, they seem to get good reviews and they are significantly more affordable.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.