2012 WRF450F Rattle plastic filler piece.

2 replies to this topic
  • Thummper

Posted August 31, 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hello all.
I picked up a 12 WR450R the other day to replace my 03 BRP 650.
Question.
On top of the gas tank there is a small plastic piece that sets just under the filler cap. It looks like it is to divert spilled gas when filling. This piece of plastic although serves a function it is only supported by “Little foam support strips glued to the tank” it seem to rattle around a lot and is only secured down by the filler cap and minor seat pressure.

Is this normal for the piece of black plastic to rattle around or should it be more secure? (Snapped, glued or screwed)

It's Funny. TT Newbie but member since 2002

Edited by Thummper, August 31, 2012 - 08:23 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tomerb

Posted August 31, 2012 - 10:21 AM

I removed mine because it made it harder to get the cap off. It has not caused any problems with it removed.

Edited by tomerb, August 31, 2012 - 02:34 PM.

• cwallershasta

Posted August 31, 2012 - 10:38 AM

So that's what that noise is. thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.