What are the best radiator guards for WR450 with a desert tank

7 replies to this topic
  • clamp007

Posted August 30, 2012 - 06:49 PM

I noticed recently that I crushed my right radiator sideways & will need a better brace & guard for the bike when I get the new radiator. I see some only work with stock tank, so I'm wondering if anyone has them with the desert tank?

Edited by clamp007, September 01, 2012 - 06:49 AM.

• Bandit9

Posted August 30, 2012 - 08:18 PM

Flatlands or Unibiker are the ONLY one's I would run.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted August 30, 2012 - 10:59 PM

Flatlands or Unibiker are the ONLY one's I would run.

Flatlands help, but are not the best. The enduro engineering ones are the beefiest things out there and they are only 100 bucks. That's what I run now.

Get the chinese radiator from ebay. They are also more sturdier than stock (and a lot cheaper). the Enduro Engineering guards are the only ones that will fit the chinese guards. Its a great combination.

• dustdogg

Posted August 31, 2012 - 11:18 AM

I have the Flatlands on my 450 with a Clarke tank and they have been great. If I were to do it again this would be my first choice http://www.mohardrac.../radguards.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted August 31, 2012 - 02:55 PM

When you say Desert tank, do you mean the 6+ gallon desert tank? I've used Flatlands on mine, but agree that they aren't the strongest, but good none the less.

Nov 23,2011 009.JPG

• BajaFool

Posted August 31, 2012 - 04:18 PM

Devol guards can't be beat. They are very strong and they prevent sticks from going through your expensive radiator. Try them, you will not be disappointed.

• bmeador

Posted September 05, 2012 - 03:15 AM

You can't get a better gaurd than what Bullet Proof Designs offer! They will fit with every aftermarket tank that I have tried and are Indestructable.

• BadRobster

Posted September 11, 2012 - 12:34 PM

Unabiker without a doubt. Best of them all.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.