What the heck?

4 replies to this topic
  • John_in_Long_Beach

Posted April 23, 2001 - 09:10 PM

While cleaning my bike after a ride yesterday, I noticed that ALL of the REAR SPROCKET BOLTS WERE LOOSE. Not one, not two, but all of them. They are the self locking type so they didn't come all the way off, but this seems awfully strange. They are supposed to be self locking, not self loosening. The bike has about 1300mi and it is the original sprocket and it hasn't ever been taken off.

What other bolts should I keep in check so that it doesn't fall off on my next ride?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 23, 2001 - 09:15 PM

Mine has been staying together pretty good. The only bolt that I consistantly nitce loose is the one that olds the rear brake peddle on. It's that bolt with the huge head and tiny Allenin the middle of it with the pin through the threaded end. I occasionally look down and notice that it's not flush anymore. It even comes out with the use of loc-tite. Be careful with those sprocket bolts, I've heard of people destroying hubs because of loose bolts. I tend to loc-tite everything that I don't regularly mess with.
Khris

------------------
When in doubt, GAS IT!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RAZOR

Posted April 23, 2001 - 10:00 PM

I've noticed my shifter bolt has a knack for working itself loose, other than that, my bike's as tight as ... well let's just say it stays together.

• Taffy

Posted April 23, 2001 - 11:03 PM

it's not unusual for the sprocket bolts to come loose.

Taffy

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 23, 2001 - 11:51 PM

What I've noticed on this bike is that the bolts I want to get off, WON'T COME OFF and the bolts I don't want off, FALL OFF!

BIZARRE!

------------------
'99 WZ with all YZ mods, de-octopused, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean and Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.