New graphics on 2010 question.

1 reply to this topic
  • AliGee

Posted August 30, 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hey guys, my graphics are peeling off my 2010 YZ450F. I also need to get number plates put on because I'm going to be racing this bike next season. The number plates are pretty scratched because they've never had decals on them. I feel like the graphics already don't stick good on the black part of the stock plastics. Would you recommend buying new plastics before I buy new graphics/number plates? Has anyone else noticed the graphics peeling off the newer YZF's easier than the last model?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BBrown626

Posted August 30, 2012 - 05:33 PM

Lots of the graphics kits or custom backgrounds cover nearly all of your number plate. I just put on a kit from Factory Backing. They covered just about all of the plates. I put on put on a full Polisport kit ($99) for a 2011 because mine was pretty thrashed. If all you need is backgrounds then I think you will be happy keeping your old plastic. If you have a ridge that would show through, sand it off or scrape it with a razor blade.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.