Which Exhaust for 06 yz450f MRD or YOSHIMURA?

7 replies to this topic
  • STR8SHOOTR

Posted August 29, 2012 - 02:23 AM

I was in the market for a new pipe for my 06 YZ450F and I'm stuck between the MRD and the Yoshimura. Does anyone have some input to send me in the right direction? Any info will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

And I cant decide if iwas going with the MRD if the ProComp or the ProComp 2 would be the best bet for me??

Edited by STR8SHOOTR, August 29, 2012 - 02:51 AM.

• GreenHornet450

Posted August 29, 2012 - 06:14 AM

What riding do you do? What is the decibel you are looking too achieve? MRD Racing makes AWESOME PIPES, but they trend to be LOUD! At least it's loud on my DRZ SM. See what MRD RACING has posted on their site for decibels. If it's similar or doesn't matter to you, then I would suggest MRD. PS-If your riding the woods, PLEASE keep it a quiet a possible. Happy Shopping!

Edited by GreenHornet450, August 29, 2012 - 06:15 AM.

• STR8SHOOTR

Posted August 29, 2012 - 08:31 AM

I do all sorts of riding sand, trails, woods, track I think the ProComp 2 is the quiter version. I was on the site but didnt see the decible ratings, I'll take a look. Anyone have the ProComp 2??

Thanks for the input

• GreenHornet450

Posted August 29, 2012 - 12:16 PM

Give Dave at MRD a Call or E-Mail. MRD does make REALLY NICE PIPES & are HAND MADE JUST FOR YOU. Also a Recommendation for you. If you do go with MRD order the Heat Shield/Pipe Clamps. They work on most Heat Shields if you use one and they secure Very Well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drz4X4

Posted August 30, 2012 - 01:00 PM

Dave at MRD has really impressed me. I LOVE the pipe on my drz. It is loud, but I love it, and could never go back after the power increase. Dave is the man!

• STR8SHOOTR

Posted August 31, 2012 - 01:26 PM

Dave at MRD has really impressed me. I LOVE the pipe on my drz. It is loud, but I love it, and could never go back after the power increase. Dave is the man!

I went with the MRD Pro Comp 2, Since its alittle quieter and the performance is comparable to the Pro Comp.

• GreenHornet450

Posted August 31, 2012 - 08:44 PM

If you can, get their Heat Shield from them. Also........GOOD CHOICE on the MRD......

• STR8SHOOTR

Posted September 01, 2012 - 01:35 PM

If you can, get their Heat Shield from them. Also........GOOD CHOICE on the MRD......

I did thanks for the info!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.