single finger clutch pull

13 replies to this topic
  • Mark537

Posted August 28, 2012 - 07:48 AM

I am trying everything to get my clutch easier. I have the moose ez pull clutch perch and lever and that made the clutch much easier. But i still cannot pull it in with one finger. I like to have my index finger covering the clutch. I also have tried a new cable and lube it frequently. Any tips or tricks on achieving this would be great other than a hydraulic clutch.

• Steel Panther

Posted August 28, 2012 - 09:49 AM

I use one finger on my stock perch, just keep at it you will get used to it. You can try to move the lever inwards more so your finger is at the end of the lever for an easier pull.

• stroker101

Posted August 28, 2012 - 10:07 AM

both my YZ's clutch lever can be engaged, manipulated with just one finger. the 09 with 44.8 hrs on it, still has the original cable on it.
have you tried lubing the cale? new OEM cable? make sure the cable doesn't have a bind or interferance

• phiderman

Posted August 28, 2012 - 11:23 AM

Try using your middle finger. Takes some getting used to but my 10 is one finger pull for a whole moto when I use the middle finger.

• cereal killer

Posted August 28, 2012 - 01:23 PM

What year is your bike?

• Mark537

Posted August 29, 2012 - 08:41 AM

I have an 09. I have lubed the cable.

• poppa

Posted August 29, 2012 - 02:36 PM

Get ya a tennis ball and carry it around in yur left hand and squeeze it periodically through out the day, in a couple of weeks you will be able to pull the clutch with one finger. Ya might want to use the right hand with the ball as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marv02

Posted August 31, 2012 - 04:17 PM

Old school remove the clucth engagement arm on the motor cut the arm where the cable hook at lenght the arm 1/4 inch weld it back together this way you have more [color="#000000"]leverage[/color] so you can use the 1 finger instead of buying a HYD clucth.

Posted Image

• highmarker

Posted August 31, 2012 - 04:39 PM

any leverage mod, clutch perch or pivot lever will mean easier pull at the cost having to pull it further, your choice. Ligter springs is you can get away with it.can help as well as just good maintenance on the cable and pivots and routing

• radish150

Posted January 18, 2013 - 09:51 PM

Well, rekluse clutch 0 finger pull :rolleyes: ?

• Gunner354

Posted January 21, 2013 - 07:44 AM

Well, rekluse clutch 0 finger pull :rolleyes: ?

• migs647

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:40 PM

Try moving the lever in towards the middle more. Or get an aftermarket clutch like a Hinson, made my life much easier. But they aren't cheap.

• Jonnoh

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:05 PM

I've got the works connection perch and lever on my 11 and it is very smooth and easy. Agree with the other posts to slide the lever in to the point where the end of the lever is about a half inch from the end of the bar when it's pulled in all the way. I've got stock springs and a motion pro t2 cable.... I'm a middle finger guy, I just can't get the feel of the index finger- I do use 2 when I'm stopped or going from a dead stop.

• hillclimb426

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:06 PM

I cut my clutch levers short and move them in a tad . One finger or two is mutch easier with the shorter lever IMO.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.