2003 WR450F Broken part...what is it?

7 replies to this topic
  • tank3d

Posted August 27, 2012 - 08:42 PM

OK....I have a pic, but have no idea how to upload it here.

the broken part is on the carb...directly to the right of the choke knob...where 2 plastic hoses come together and go into the carb. one hose goes straight up, and the other hose goes to the right and then turns downward. the plast part the connects them is broke. it basically looks like this |_

could someone tell me what it is called so i can order a new one...also what does it do? big deal?

thanks,

Aaron

• tank3d

Posted August 27, 2012 - 08:44 PM

try this link for a pic

http://eugene.craigs...3234180200.html

• DrFeelGood

Posted August 28, 2012 - 09:48 AM

First, we have no idea what bike you're talking about. Since you're in the big WR forum, I'll assume it's a WR.

What year?
What Size?

Since you can see the carb so well, I'll also assume it's pre-06.

The thumpertalk store has an exploded view.
https://www.thumpert...2002&model=6269

I PM'd Bryan Bosch at the TT store. He should be able to shed some light on this.

• DeepPurplishBlue

Posted August 28, 2012 - 12:26 PM

First, we have no idea what bike you're talking about. Since you're in the big WR forum, I'll assume it's a WR.

What year?
What Size?

unless he edited the subject of the thread after he started it, all the info is right there :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Justin Pearson

Posted August 28, 2012 - 01:04 PM

Thats part of the carb body which to "fix" like new requires a new carb. =(

It is however just a "vent" for the float bowl. I personally would clean the parts real well and sand them lightly and use a dab of JB Weld. Dont plug the "hole" with the JB or you are defeating the purpose of the repair...

• tank3d

Posted August 28, 2012 - 03:17 PM

Thanks! I will try. Would this cause any issues or be noticeable in how the bike runs?

Is JB Weld different than superglue?

Thats part of the carb body which to "fix" like new requires a new carb. =(

It is however just a "vent" for the float bowl. I personally would clean the parts real well and sand them lightly and use a dab of JB Weld. Dont plug the "hole" with the JB or you are defeating the purpose of the repair...

Edited by tank3d, August 28, 2012 - 03:23 PM.

• Justin Pearson

Posted August 28, 2012 - 03:35 PM

Those vents just let air back into the float bowl and out to the atmosphere as fuel level changes. If you plugged all of them then fuel from the tank would not be able to flow into the carb. Super glue is a cyanoacrylate (cures by absorbing moisture) JB Weld is an Epoxy (cures by chemical reaction and heat), they are completely different animals. Epoxy is many times stronger and longer lasting that CA (super glue). CA does not stick well to metal and many plastics. Epoxy will stick much better especially with the heat, vibration and solvets present...

• tank3d

Posted August 28, 2012 - 03:57 PM

Thanks!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.