NEED HELP WR400 Not playing the game!

4 replies to this topic
  • fsmspud

Posted August 23, 2012 - 03:28 PM

I have a WR400f 2000 Model,

the engine has been rebuilt and has been going great it has hot cams and fmf pipe Bomb Header.

I was ride out in the bush have been riding the bike many of times. the bike started to play up having no revs boging sound and exhaust getting hot.

the bike came good but later did the same thing. now it is doing it all the time, when cold the bike heats up and if you give it a bit of revs the front head pipe will glow bright!

we have since pulled the bike apart and checked clearances, auto decompression leaver, we have pulled the carby off and made sure it was clean. we also cleaned all wires.

• DC_Excitement

Posted August 23, 2012 - 05:36 PM

make shure you have a strong spark. replace the plug, disconnect the kill switch, make shure you dont have a loose or ripped carb boot causing a vacuume leak. clean filter? timing off by a tooth? spun cam sprocket?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crf450319

Posted August 24, 2012 - 07:23 AM

The pipe glowing red is not a problem, do a search and you'll find more threads about it than you'll care to read.

• fsmspud

Posted August 26, 2012 - 02:57 AM

Hi, I did replaced the plug and have a strong spark, the timing is correct, the bike starts an ideas but when giving it revs it sounds like someone is chocking it. The air filter is clean too.

• MANIAC998

Posted August 26, 2012 - 06:35 PM

What kind of condition are the radiators in? How's the water pump? If it's neither of these, I'd check the carb for dirt and get the proper jets in it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.