Hrs on a new oil filter?

i have a little unfair advantage, i work at NAPA lol.

but if you have a local store they should be able to pass that discount on to you. depending on the customer/quantity i make .75-1.00 a filter resale

Edited by ss55539

How many hrs do you guys put on a filter?Im going to do 5hrs on T6 oil

You're asking for trouble unless you think it's OK to run a 5w-30 for two hours. But as far as filters go, you should either change it or clean it every time. Obviously, you can't clean the OEM type fiber mat ("paper") filters, but you can clean a Scotts stainless. I use a Scotts, and I freshen it up with every oil change. I also haven't bought an oil filter in over 4 years.

If you're going to insist on using Rotella, you should change it out in 2-3 hours, max. At that interval, an OEM filter should be good for two oil changes.

• Like 1

i have a little unfair advantage, i work at NAPA lol.

but if you have a local store they should be able to pass that discount on to you. depending on the customer/quantity i make .75-1.00 a filter resale

Do you have a part number for these filters at NAPA?Thanx

Do you have a part number for these filters at NAPA?Thanx

just tell them the kn number, KN141. they probably will have to special order them in either from balkamp or keystone.

just make sure to not use the napa powersport filter. ive had the glue that holds the gasket on melt in those and start coming out, luckily it got stuck in the relief valve and didnt cause any damage but that could prove costly if it plugged a oil galley or something. i had two filters do this on my 450R and that was enough for me

If I was gong to use a stainlees steel mesh type reuseable oil filter I would invest in a Ultasonic cleaner for the filter you be suprize what gets trapped in them.

I know first hand we use them on aircraft to make sure our filters stay clean plus if you stick your hand in the cleaner you can see all the drit come off of them also.

Oh ya I change my paper filter every oil change and clean the screen out every other oil change.

Edited by marv02