Dumb luck

1 reply to this topic
  • cwallershasta

Posted August 22, 2012 - 10:57 AM

I ride the new wr 450 and recently at some point in time dropping my bike I manage to peel out the red button on the e stop. I didn't notice it right away because I've been trying to train myself to use the main switch. Once I did, I figured I would be buying a new one. Well the other day I pulled my skid plate off to change the oil and low and behold theres the red button. What are the chances of this happening?!? I put the switch back together in like five minutes and it works great. It almost looks like it was meant to pop out under stress without breaking the rest of the switch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrFeelGood

Posted August 22, 2012 - 11:02 AM

Same thing happened with my estart button. I didn't, however, find it in the skidplate. My bro (who I was riding with when I crashed ) stopped to look for it. I didn't care at the time...I just headed to the truck to recover from my crash.

Popped it back in and used a piece of medical tape as insurance that it wouldn't fall out again. Months later, still working great!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.