Iowa

Trails to ride!

6 replies to this topic
  • gregmanderson78

Posted August 20, 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hey guys,

A couple buddies and I are looking for some places in the Iowa area to go single track riding in some good woods. Two of us just started riding this year and are getting ready for hare scrambles and the third is teaching. We want to make a weekend trip to someplace that we can get a solid day of riding out of. We are from east of Des Moines so Bluff Creek in Iowa is sort of our home place. Its got great hill climbs and the woods are decent but we have covered a lot of them. I'm looking for places in MO, WI, MN, NE?

thanks for the help.

• george68

Posted August 21, 2012 - 04:52 AM

WI or MO is your best bet. Nothing in NE. This area of the country stinks for off road riding.

• nick250f

Posted August 21, 2012 - 12:56 PM

http://www.goldeneag...trail_rides.htm

Great time..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregmanderson78

Posted August 21, 2012 - 02:42 PM

thanks for the tips guys. I have watched some videos of Nemadji and there is something i would like to know. Is most of the riding like this first video:

or like this second video with a tighter single track

Im looking for more of the tighter stuff, atv or groomed trails are boring

thanks!

• snoridermn

Posted September 07, 2012 - 11:51 AM

If you want tight tough trial in MN a great option would be Martineau. It's an incredible place to ride and many miles of trails that can keep you busy for quite a few days. While up there you may want to hit Huntersville, flat but tight and twisty trails.

• Theeebalz

Posted September 13, 2012 - 08:00 PM

well it may be a little far for you guys, but some of wfo's d17 races are pretty tight. personally i like the byron and genesseo hare scrambles. nice tight hilly rocky rooted smooth flowing all of the above, also alot of gussy's races are pretty damn good but again, might be a bit of a drive for you

• C-P

Posted September 29, 2012 - 03:38 PM

thanks for the tips guys. I have watched some videos of Nemadji and there is something i would like to know. Is most of the riding like this first video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbvBflbpub0&feature=related

or like this second video with a tighter single track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpstcjqyteA&feature=related

Im looking for more of the tighter stuff, atv or groomed trails are boring

thanks!

To answer your question, yes! There's actually quite a bit of both in Nemadji...to address MN riding:

A, you missed the closest "good" riding if you didn't get to the Theilman trail ride that was posted earlier. 40 or so miles of MC trail, gnarly climbs, twisty woods and river bottoms, all marked and 95% one way for 2 weekends every year. Mark your calender for the weekend before Mem day 2013. You won't regret it.

B, Nemadji has a lot of single track with ATV stuff connecting. Very good trail map here:

http://www.straighta...adji-trail-maps

Blue is singletrack, red is ATV/MC shared. If you connected all the singletrack and rode it in a day you would be putting on about 50-60 miles total and be tired as heck! But come up for a weekend and ride a couple days, and you'll have fun.

Otherwise, isn't there some stuff just south in Missouri? I think some guy has a spot with a combo of private and public property with camping and riding, even guided if you want.

Related Content

Where 2 Ride

Oak Ridge MX

280th Street, Garwin, IA 50632, USA

Where 2 Ride

Tama County OHV Park

South State Street, Tama, IA 52339, USA

Forums
Photo
Iowa

Motocross schools in iowa by Boendermx

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Midwest
  • 1 reply
Where 2 Ride

Sandy Corners MX

2270-2298 Cheyenne Avenue, Ionia, IA 50645, USA

Where 2 Ride

Nicholson-Ford OHV Park

2802-2814 East Marion Street, Marshalltown, IA 50158, USA

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.