2012 WR450 Tusk Enduro Lighting Kit Install

5 replies to this topic
  • protondecay123

Posted August 20, 2012 - 01:50 PM

I've purchased a 2012 and have it plated in Arkansas.

Posted Image

That's a picture of Mossycreek putting my plate on. I used a Tusk kit, uncorked it with Megabomb, ECU etc.

Posted Image

Front View

Posted Image

Rear Quarter View

Posted Image

Front Blinker in the Handguards. I used the Barkbuster frame with the Tusk Plastic

Posted Image

I really like how the rear blinkers blend in and attach to the bike.

Posted Image

Other Front Blinker.

Posted Image

As far away as this is from the exhaust, this shouldn't burn off.

Posted Image

Control Switch cluster blends in real well.

Posted Image

The front light is pre wired for high and low beams. The tail light is wired as a brake light as well.

Posted Image

FMF Megabomb with Q4 can, Comp ECU. It's a totally different bike uncorked.

Mossy had never used the Tusk kit before, but he liked it alot especially the wiring harness.

• kawi380

Posted August 20, 2012 - 01:57 PM

Looks good :thumbsup:

I have always liked how simple the Tusk kit is to install. I've had one on my 450x for almost 2 years now and going strong. I only have the tail light on the wr cause in AZ no blinkers are required. Though I did fry my kill-switch turned horn button last week and not sure why :banghead: . Time to install a fuze I guess. :thinking:

• YAMAHASAVAGE

Posted August 21, 2012 - 08:58 AM

I would like to do this to mine, but I'm having a hard time finding out what the requirements/laws are in my state.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GlennR

Posted August 21, 2012 - 12:59 PM

I would like to do this to mine, but I'm having a hard time finding out what the requirements/laws are in my state.

I don't know the details in Georgia, but I can tell you that my bike was dual sported & plated there by the original owner. I guess you should call the DMV or go to their web site.

• protondecay123

Posted August 21, 2012 - 02:09 PM

There's a thread in Advrider about this. Basically if the manufacturer says " Off Road Only" your out of luck in Georgia.

• luckyone24

Posted September 30, 2012 - 12:59 PM

does the tusk front turn signal/brush guard plastic come in the kit or is it separate?
bike looks great by the way! picking up my 12 wr 450 tomorrow

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.