A New Map That Works Really Well

4 replies to this topic
  • yz007f

Posted August 14, 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hey guys I know I don't post a lot around here, but have been here for years lol. Just can't seem to find time to come on this computer but I did tonight! I thought I would post my map that I have been using with my 2012. I took the Marmont map and put it on the dyno. I wasn't to pleased with the results and the air fuel ratio. So I played with the fuel and timing just a little bit to get the air fuel ratio more where it should be. Turns out it makes 2.8hp more on the dyno (than stock). I know you read these maps don't make more hp's but that is untrue. It's not neck snapping hp but it makes the curve pull harder longer and in the end tipping the scales at just under 3 more hp. This bike was new right out of the crate with zero hrs on it and just a few heat cycles. Only things it had is 110 vp race fuel with a fmf factory 4.1 slip on, I'm about 740 feet above sea level if anyone is wondering. 12 pulls were made on the dyno and no this race bike has 15hrs on it and I haven't had time to put it back on and see if anything changed.

I have loaded this map into a few bikes around here most guys I'm racing with so don't want to give it out to much lol. Guys are running it with 91 pump gas without any problems, also most of them have an exhaust. I find you can lug it out of the corners and still rev it out like a 250f and it doesn't fall off (stock gearing). I try did try this bike "map" with it geared down didn't care for it outdoors. Sometimes I don't like to switch up a gear if I really don't have to and with this map it allows it. I have been racing for years at the A/B level so I know somewhat, what I'm talking about lol.

Just something for you guys to try I'm sure some wont like it, can't make everyone happy but anyone that has driven this bike loves it. So why not share the love since it was based on the Marmont map. Let me know if anyone trys it, might be a few days before I come back on here.

Here's "MAP 9"

FI
-1 +3 -2
+3 +4 -3
-2 -3 -2

IG
+2 +2 +2
+2 +4 +2
+2 +4 +4

yz007f

• luckyguy19

Posted August 15, 2012 - 06:58 AM

I really like the Marmont map, so I think I'll give this map a try. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • socalmxer

Posted August 21, 2012 - 04:22 PM

I think you mistakenly reposted the Marmont map. Could you post your modified Marmont map? I'd love to try it. Thanks.

• poppa

Posted August 22, 2012 - 01:04 PM

I think you mistakenly reposted the Marmont map. Could you post your modified Marmont map? I'd love to try it. Thanks.

thats what I think too although his sig is yz007f lol

• grayracer513

Posted August 22, 2012 - 03:28 PM

That's the Jay Marmont map, alright. It does work, though, you're right about that.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.