Any opinions with a Maxxis IT on the BRP.

5 replies to this topic
  • Docmarkw

Posted November 04, 2003 - 03:07 PM

I have been running a Maxxis IT on my bike and have been on two 1000 mile trips with the same tire. Its shot now, but has held up better then any other tire I've used. I've also noticed the price of this tire used to be alot less money then most other brands and now the price seems to be rising and comparible to most of the other tires. Anyone have any experince with this tire?

• Rokatt88

Posted November 04, 2003 - 03:21 PM

I am a big Maxxis Fan. Shop on line for your tires. I have been getting mine from Rocky Mountain, but I see that has good pricing with no shipping $$ for orders over 100 samolians. Great Bang For the Buck IMHO. :)

• qadsan

Posted November 04, 2003 - 03:45 PM

I too like this tire for my needs with lower than normal air pressure (~13 PSI) and have a few spares on hand :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CJPilot

Posted November 04, 2003 - 06:51 PM

Ditto on all that. I have about 1200 miles mixed street and dirt and it has by far held up better that any other non DOT tire I've tried including the d606. Kind of loose on the street and on hardpack(not made for it anyway!) :) but, no chunking and it wears evenly. I'll buy one again though probably not the 140......eats too many of the plastic roost guards.

• JR650

Posted November 04, 2003 - 07:56 PM

I got aquestion for you running the 140, you figure it will eat my mudguard with a 13 tooth front on the stock chain? my 120/100 has 3/8 inch clearance, and its big for its rating. I need a new tire bad, just enough on the old one to stud it. Tires are like t!ts, the bigger the better :). thanks in advance, JR

• CJPilot

Posted November 04, 2003 - 08:28 PM

You should be fine with a 13 tooth front. I'm running 15/48 combo and it tends to rub at high speeds untill the tire about 1/3 worn. No big deal, I happily pay the $9.00 for a new mudguard every few months, I figure running the Maxxis IT saves me more that that by not having to buy a new D606 every month!

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.