She's been down for a couple of years with ignition problems so it's been pushed towards the back of the shop. Recently pushed it in the basement so I could tinker in the AC and following info from another forum RZRD500.com I finally got it running. It had a Hayabusa front end on it but when I got a nice 01 GSXR 600 I swapped the front ends. It turns out one leg fron the stator and the Zeeltronic CDI were bad. Went with an 84 stator and 85 CDI with a few tricks of wiring and had awesome spark. It runs real good but could probably use a ring job. It used to be a race bike which is why the wiring was so mangled. I got another harness from ebay which helped. The jugs are ported to the cases, milled heads, 28mm Mikunis, Boyeseen Reeds and I did the left pipe crossover after cutting a Toomey pipe from a Banshee. Front end is GSXR 600 and swingarm is from some kind of Suzuki. I have another chassis modified for a TZR250 banana swingarm I'll eventually swap over to. Been riding it a bit and get a lot of looks and plus it's a blast. Smells good with a fresh batch of leaded racing fuel and Motul
800 mixed at 50:1.
Edited by cryzrider, 12 August 2012 - 07:16 AM.