lucas oil stabilizer

9 replies to this topic
  • rotax800

Posted August 12, 2012 - 06:55 AM

Does any one use this in they're bikes? Does it have any effect, good or bad, on oil viscosity, flow or clutch friction? Just wondering. Bought some at southwick sat and the rep said i'd only need a capful for the amount of oil my bike uses, 34 oz.
Thanks

• FinchFan194

Posted August 12, 2012 - 07:29 AM

I wouldn't use it...

• rotax800

Posted August 12, 2012 - 10:23 AM

I wouldn't use it...

Care to elaborate or just unfounded opinion? just wondering

• FinchFan194

Posted August 12, 2012 - 06:16 PM

I use nothing but Amsoil, and it more than gets the job done. Most additives like that are not good for you clutch fibers.

Find some 92 octane ethanol free fuel as well and your bike will run better than ever.

• rickallen124

Posted August 12, 2012 - 07:46 PM

Is it possible to find ethanol free gas at the pump anymore? The last fuel rack that was ethanol free in eastern WA switched to an ethanol blend rack this spring. I really hate the stuff, ethanol, but vp and sunoco are expensive.

Edited by rickallen124, August 12, 2012 - 07:47 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 13, 2012 - 06:35 AM

Does any one use this in they're bikes? Does it have any effect, good or bad, on oil viscosity, flow or clutch friction? Just wondering. Bought some at southwick sat and the rep said i'd only need a capful for the amount of oil my bike uses, 34 oz.
Thanks

Lucas oil stabilizer contributes to excessive foaming of the engine oil. I would not use it in any engine of mine regardless of reason. Lucas engine oil also does poorly in lab foaming tests.

• rotax800

Posted August 13, 2012 - 03:26 PM

Lucas oil stabilizer contributes to excessive foaming of the engine oil. I would not use it in any engine of mine regardless of reason. Lucas engine oil also does poorly in lab foaming tests.

Well that settles it, Thank you
Love this site

• FinchFan194

Posted August 13, 2012 - 03:43 PM

Run it in your law mower to get rid of it.

• rotax800

Posted August 15, 2012 - 04:41 PM

Run it in your law mower to get rid of it.

gave it to my neighbor, hes a dipstick, lol :thumbsup:

• FinchFan194

Posted August 15, 2012 - 07:28 PM

:thumbsup: Awesome!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.