YZ Exhaust Cam and RPM

1 reply to this topic
  • SuperRat

Posted November 04, 2003 - 11:14 AM

I installed a YZ Exhaust cam in my WR450 last weekend. The bike rips! Arms too sore to type! When I compaired the the YZ cam to the WR cam I found the de-compression "pin" was shorter and rounder, now the starter does'nt seem to spin the engine as fast nor will it start the engine. I pulled out my induction Tach to check the idle RPM and found no coil wire (forgot coil over plug).
Question 1: Anyone else having problems with starting (using the electric starter) after installing the YZ cam?
Question 2: Who knows how to check the RPM, other than using just my ear?

03 WR450 Free mods, JD Jetting, Zip-Tie screw, exhaust insert, YZ Exhaust cam, No-Toil filter with No-Toil oil.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaMonty925

Posted November 04, 2003 - 05:38 PM

I have an '03 WR with the YZ exhaust cam and it starts just fine. I don't even have the kick start lever on the bike anymore, I leave it in the tool box.
Granted I use my bike soley for supermoto so I'm not at risk of being stranded miles away from my car!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.