First time owner of a yz450

3 replies to this topic
  • antfizzle

Posted August 11, 2012 - 11:24 AM

I recently bought my friends 09yz450 from him, its set up for harescrambles, its my first Yamaha, and first 4 stroke, I used to ride an Rm250, so anyways, this was more of an introduction of myself as I will no longer be in the Suzuki 2stroke forum asking questions, I will be im this forum instead, thanks~ Anthony

• etuke

Posted August 11, 2012 - 12:32 PM

came from a KX250 myself this past month,still have the 2 stroke but its down with a bad stator.Bought a YZ426 just to see if 4 stroke is what I wanted,I find the bike a bit heavy compared to the 2 stroke but really like the ease of power it has.So far I have been finding alot of lil problems with the bike but its old so its expected.I'm thinking next spring I'm going to unload both bikes and get a new or newer 450,either a yamaha or honda.Would like EFI but depends on how much I can afford.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ss55539

Posted August 11, 2012 - 12:57 PM

i also came from a 2t, yz250 although i hadnt ridden a bike in almost 2 yrs, this 07 def took some getting used too. i went down in the corners a few times the first few trips to the track. but now that im getting the suspension dialed in a bit its getting better. that and i picked up some bad habits racing the 450R the past 2 years lol. i grabbed this bike for pretty cheap just to see how i would like the transition, ill probably pick up a leftover 12 during the winter

• antfizzle

Posted August 12, 2012 - 03:14 PM

Yea man,im with ya on the power, its so much better bombing up nasty hills with the 450, I'll probably never own a 2 stroke again, lol

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.