Handguards with mirrors built in.

12 replies to this topic
  • MANIAC998

Posted August 11, 2012 - 05:34 AM

Sorry guys! But I've searched and searched, and I can't seem to find the company that makes some really trick stuff for our bikes. One of the trick items is Handguards with mirrors built right into them, that fold out when you need them, but are otherwise protected. They really make some excellent switches for the handlebars too, that combine brake & clutch perches into starter buttons & kill switches, which helps remove some of the clutter on the handlebars. Can anyone help?! Thanks guys!!!
Maniac

• kawi380

Posted August 11, 2012 - 05:48 AM

Pretty sure you are looking for Highway Dirtbike.

http://www.highwaydi...play&ref=splash

They have some cool looking stuff that I would love to try out some day!

• Tree__man

Posted August 11, 2012 - 09:02 AM

"nd I can't seem to find the company that makes some really trick stuff for our bikes"

Really????? You cant find any trick gear??? Oh wait... this is a forum for regular bikes, not a message board for little john wannabe his delinquent buddy's who wanna BLING their rides out so they can holla at the bitches

• MANIAC998

Posted August 12, 2012 - 02:59 AM

Thanks kawi380!!! That's the company I was looking for!!! :thumbsup:
Maniac

• mikewrf18

Posted August 12, 2012 - 03:12 AM

"nd I can't seem to find the company that makes some really trick stuff for our bikes"

Really????? You cant find any trick gear??? Oh wait... this is a forum for regular bikes, not a message board for little john wannabe his delinquent buddy's who wanna BLING their rides out so they can holla at the bitches

I don't believe he is looking to "Bling" is bike out by looking for an effective functional way to be street legal and safe while dualsporting. :thumbsup:
Thanks Kawi380! I had know idea they made something like that. I saved that site for when I finally get to my dualsport conversion on my WR.

• MANIAC998

Posted August 12, 2012 - 03:28 AM

No "bling" needed here. I prefer function! That company has some incredible stuff!!! I was really looking to reduce the handlebar clutter, and they're electrical switches are perfect! But then I start looking at there "Anti-vibration inserts" and I start seeing even more money leaving my checking acct.!!!
Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kawi380

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:19 AM

No "bling" needed here. I prefer function! That company has some incredible stuff!!! I was really looking to reduce the handlebar clutter, and they're electrical switches are perfect! But then I start looking at there "Anti-vibration inserts" and I start seeing even more money leaving my checking acct.!!!
Maniac

I'm right there with you. Who cares about bling, it's all about functionality.

• GlennR

Posted August 12, 2012 - 09:55 AM

I recently bought a KTM style "long" stem mirror to try on the left side to see how I like it. I've had it a couple of weeks and really like it. It is long enough to see past my elbo and the glass is large and the optics are very good, compared to other mirrors that I've had.

I got it from the guy on ADVrider that sells them as "KTM mirrors". I later saw them on the Procycle site for a little less $$, but they didn't offer the long stem.

The joint "ratchets" where the stem meet the base, and it allows you to fold it "out" almost horizontally and also fold it "in" completely out of the way.

I'll probably order another for the right side to make lane changing safer.

• n16ht5

Posted August 12, 2012 - 10:30 PM

MSR dual sport mirrors bolted to handguards. works better than anything else I have tried
Posted Image

• MANIAC998

Posted August 13, 2012 - 04:29 AM

Beautiful pic!!!

• GlennR

Posted August 13, 2012 - 06:54 AM

MSR dual sport mirrors bolted to handguards. works better than anything else I have tried

That's what I just got rid of because it was too short & seemed to shake a lot. But yours are mounted out on the handguards, mine was a bar mount. Is that a special base adaptor that allows you to mount them on the handguards?

• YZ450Hombre

Posted August 14, 2012 - 03:33 AM

Lighten up Francis!

• n16ht5

Posted August 14, 2012 - 08:40 AM

That's what I just got rid of because it was too short & seemed to shake a lot. But yours are mounted out on the handguards, mine was a bar mount. Is that a special base adaptor that allows you to mount them on the handguards?

no, I just shaved the mounts and then bolted them on. totally solid

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.