clutch basket

2 replies to this topic
  • etuke

Posted August 10, 2012 - 02:57 AM

will a clutch basket from an 00 fit the 01 model?I found an excellent aftermarket basket from an 00 that has the gear allready installed but all I see for baskets list 01-02 for fitment.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • etuke

Posted August 10, 2012 - 06:53 AM

forgot to mention its a yz426.

• grayracer513

Posted August 10, 2012 - 08:34 AM

I believe it will fit. Here's the deal:

The basket, as a separate part from the rest of the driven gear assembly, IS NOT interchangeable between the '00 and '01/'02 because the driven gear assembly itself is different, and one won't fit the other gear. However, the ratio and tooth count are the same, as is the rest of the clutch, so it should fit IF it's a complete basket and gear assembly.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.