yz426f oil after cam install

2 replies to this topic
  • Trinitycounty

Posted August 07, 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hey guys long time lurker and couldnt find any info about this.... i am about to put the auto decomp cam in and the hot cams instructions said to use conventional oil for break in. So what is recomended and for how long until i switch back to yamalube 20w50 semi synthetic if thats the right oil lol.

Thank you much

David

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marv02

Posted August 08, 2012 - 04:48 AM

I ran my bike about 5 minutes or so to make sure it ran Ha Ha let cool down did this again for 2 or 3 more times rode the bike about 30 miuntes then changed the oil after that I doing the normal oil changes.

If I was you put a new cam chain as long as you'r in there.

Clean the screen and filter.

Just me I had an new filter and clean screen when I put the new cams and cam chain so after break in I would know if there was something wrong after break in if you dont if there something bad in there before you never know is from the new cam or not extra $5.00 for a fliter is no big deal.

• grayracer513

Posted August 08, 2012 - 07:07 AM

Use your normal oil for break in regardless. There is no problem with using synthetics or synthetic blends during the break in period. The suggestion that there is is one of the most persistent and unsupportable myths in the industry.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.