differences between 2001 wr250f & Yz426

2 replies to this topic
  • qwkiy

Posted August 06, 2012 - 10:32 AM

i was under the impression coming from the 250f forums that alot of parts were interchangable, such as plastics, tank, tires/rims what about engine parts? theres a guy selling a set of supermoto tires and rims, and a whole shed full of parts, wondering if its worth while?
http://thunderbay.ki...895<br /><br />http://thunderbay.ki...QAdIdZ402142341

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 06, 2012 - 11:11 AM

'01 YZF plastics will fit your WR, but the tank, seat, and shrouds have to be a matched set of either WR or YZF. The wheels will fit. Outside of the spark plug and the oil filter, very few engine parts interchange.

• qwkiy

Posted August 07, 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thank you very much! i picked up a few front fenders and a fork guard also picked up the wheel set, they are excel pro series hubs and tagasko rims, the front hub didn't come with wheel spacers, so i'll have to make some up or find the replacements.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.