2011 WR 450 boiling over?

3 replies to this topic
  • norm02

Posted August 06, 2012 - 07:03 AM

Hey all,

How do you know when your bike is too hot? I've never had any reason to suspect that mine ever has been, but I'm planning on riding this week on some slower trails and it is supposed to be 100+ degrees outside.

• Stealth13

Posted August 06, 2012 - 09:32 AM

When it spits coolant out the bottom and makes a bad sound. Mine does it quite a bit in warmer weather in really slow trails

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted August 06, 2012 - 10:11 AM

80 degree day to a 100 degree day will not make much of a difference to your bike. Airflow over the radiators and humidity (higher humidity will help it tranfer the heat better) make a huge difference. Ride fast. If you cannot, consider adding a fan for the slow stuff.

I have one of those stick on temp strips on my radiator and I look at it from time to time. I have never had it get over 200 degrees.

• upnorthbacon

Posted August 06, 2012 - 08:58 PM

I'm running a 1.6 lb radiator cap and engine ice. My temp gets 200 during enduros in tight sections running second gear for extended periods in 90 degree weather. A cheap computer fan, toggle switch, fuse, and some wires to the battery is cheap insurance, but as long as you can keep moving you'll be fine. FYI engine ice dropped my temps 20-30 degrees.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.