2001 XR650L winter jetting

1 reply to this topic
  • SkyRyder55

Posted November 03, 2003 - 03:31 PM

I have a 2001 XR650L and need to know the best jetting for the winter months. Our temperature up here in Canada can vary between 0*C all the way down to -45*C. So I need a pretty wide jetting spec. Any help would be appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • uw153

Posted November 04, 2003 - 07:03 AM

Skyrider, down here in Iowa it's can run anywhere from 35f down to around 0 but I will not ride below 20F. Anyway, I am running a 165 main, 55 pilot, K&N air filter, with a FMF Q pipe. Also have the snorkel removed and welds smoothed out on the header flange. I can get away with just the fuel screw adjustment right now. When it gets warm "65F" It's a little rich but tollerable. At 40F it's right on and rips. It hasn't reached below 35 here yet but it's coming. Considering I'm a little rich I don't forsee any complications. Oh yeah the Dynojet needle is on the third postion and the slide has been drilled 5/32.

Dave

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.