Can I dual sport my 2003 WR450?

12 replies to this topic
  • bstanton

Posted November 03, 2003 - 03:28 PM

I have tried to read all the dual sport information I can on this forum and I can't figure out if anyone has dual sported their WR 450-2003? Has anyone done this. I am willing to do what ever it takes. Please help!

• Garry_on_a_426

Posted November 03, 2003 - 05:01 PM

Nope, you can not do a 2003, only a 2002 and prior.

You can try, but if the DMV person sees that it is a 2003 red sticker bike you will be out the 500 bucks for the DS lighting kit...

• GrahamO

Posted November 03, 2003 - 06:39 PM

Forget about it.

• Archadian

Posted November 03, 2003 - 10:59 PM

I was asking the same thing about my 04 WR450. I'm in So Cal also. The DMV sucks. (just look at my signature) :D :D :D :) :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Bamster

Posted November 04, 2003 - 07:04 AM

In Canada you can :)

• sarkmych

Posted May 19, 2009 - 07:04 AM

Can you give me some more info. on this? I have a 03 WR450F that I would really like to DS. I've looked at the baja Designs kit and it looks ok to me. Anything I should know about getting it through DMV? I am new to this so forgive me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted May 19, 2009 - 09:40 AM

sarkmytch,
Go with www.trickdualsport.com. They are by far the finest dualsport kit on the market.
Jim

• Andrejs2112

Posted May 19, 2009 - 04:43 PM

You can do it in Michigan. Mine is road legal. The other question is would you actually want to use it as a dual sport? IMO, I personally wouldn't ride mine over 5 miles on pavement (set up for dirt) unless it was an emergency.

• skisnh

Posted May 19, 2009 - 04:52 PM

HAHAHA Live Free or Die My 2t is plated.....weather aside California SUCKS:p

• skisnh

Posted May 19, 2009 - 04:53 PM

Holy old posts Batman:crazy: :doh: :snore:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 19, 2009 - 10:23 PM

HAHAHA Live Free or Die My 2t is plated.....weather aside California SUCKS:p

Uhmmm... we have plated bikes here to. However, I just don't have a lot of places to ride it in Southern California.

but I've got a plate ! :doh:

• skisnh

Posted May 20, 2009 - 04:23 PM

Uhmmm... we have plated bikes here to. However, I just don't have a lot of places to ride it in Southern California.

but I've got a plate ! :doh:

Yea, but you guys got that lame green sticker / red sticker thing......free people in a free state can ride what ever they like.........that being said..people in California are so use to giving up there freedoms they simply accept it.:snore:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 20, 2009 - 06:10 PM

Yea, but you guys got that lame green sticker / red sticker thing......free people in a free state can ride what ever they like.........that being said..people in California are so use to giving up there freedoms they simply accept it.:lol:

:doh: :snore:

you're right...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.