AIS removal custom job

6 replies to this topic
  • CarloUK

Posted August 02, 2012 - 12:26 PM

I was just wondering if anyone knows the pressure the AIS puts out. The reason am asking is because my bike is a 2005 I cant find any kits to remove it in the UK and the TT shop does not sell them anymore, so what i was thinking was to just remove it and just cut and weld the standard pipe off at the point where they meet the engine. I could also just plastic weld the rubber pipes as well.
Is this a crazy idea? or has anyone else done it? :)

• Dube2

Posted August 03, 2012 - 10:18 AM

Due to California politics, i left mine in tact. just plugged all the hoses. But, only because I installed the new jets, etc... you may not want to remove or modify unless you have the correct jets. the WR notoriusly runs lean at factory specs, so at least get that part taken care of soon. Does the UK have Emisions laws? heck, with all the rain, who would give a hoot. I lived in Los Angeles county when we were kids, we had Smog Days and they would shut school down early and send us home. Why can't our employers do the same??? go figure...

• CarloUK

Posted August 03, 2012 - 11:11 AM

Smog days no wonder the rest of the world has to suffer this AIS :D its not jetted so i suppose i better leave it on and accept the shot gun sound, this will please the neighbours :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hurky

Posted August 03, 2012 - 11:43 AM

I have the AIS removed in my WR450F 2008 and it's pretty simple, just need to seal the exhaust port with some aluminium or inox steel in my case, a little bit of hig temp sealant and with two screws it's ok. The intake port is simply sealed with some tube and an plug in there.

You just have to seal those two ports and that's it ...

• Taxgod4u

Posted August 03, 2012 - 11:52 AM

i had some awsome popping after rejetting and uncorking I leaned out the idle screw a tiny bit and the popping is almost gone, now it is random instead of every stinking time I decelerated down a hill. perhaps try that. It popped more when I went rich,

• kawi380

Posted August 05, 2012 - 09:24 AM

I was just wondering if anyone knows the pressure the AIS puts out. The reason am asking is because my bike is a 2005 I cant find any kits to remove it in the UK and the TT shop does not sell them anymore, so what i was thinking was to just remove it and just cut and weld the standard pipe off at the point where they meet the engine. I could also just plastic weld the rubber pipes as well.
Is this a crazy idea? or has anyone else done it? :thumbsup:

You can remove the smog pump without rejetting and it will not hurt your bike.

• CarloUK

Posted August 05, 2012 - 01:07 PM

thanks a lot lads ill get it removed as soon as i get my new stator and bolts

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.