Hot-Rod heavy-duty crank and bearing kit

5 replies to this topic
  • moto543

Posted August 01, 2012 - 06:44 PM

I was on Eric Gorrs web site and noticed that he advises using a "Hot-Rod heavy-duty crank and bearing kit" as it is capable of going 200 hours with out service, opposed to 75 hours with stock parts. Anyone know if this is actually right? It seems a little high to me.

• MANIAC998

Posted August 02, 2012 - 02:42 AM

I've got 200 hours on my stock WR450 crank right now, and it's never been torn apart.

• GuyGraham

Posted August 02, 2012 - 10:11 AM

sounds like sh1t to me, as I got approx 200 hrs on my stock crank as well, without ever having to go into the engine

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hurky

Posted August 03, 2012 - 06:09 AM

I think it must really depend on type of use, it's not the same to ride in an MX track all the time at the rev. limiter or riding more trail like, in the woods or enduro...

I am from the enduro group and have 250hrs on my WR450F, I am replacing my top end right now with new cylinder and piston, and new valves just to be sure everything is ok (they were ok, only shimmed once). My crank is aparently ok measuring like the manual say and I'll keep it in place. Hope this isn't an error :)

• GuyGraham

Posted August 03, 2012 - 10:01 AM

my 200 hours is 200 H&H race hours

• woods-rider

Posted August 03, 2012 - 10:06 AM

I have about 360 hrs on my stock top and bottom end with zero issues. If a bottom end only lasted 75 hrs I would have to rebuild mine almost every year which just seems ridiculous to me. You would spend more money doing "preventative maintenance" on a schedule like that than if you were to just run it till it blew then fixed it all every eight years or so.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.