Headlight Mounting Bracket? Could use some help..

3 replies to this topic
  • mslow

Posted August 01, 2012 - 10:46 AM

I bought a 2005 WR450 that had the headlight ziptied to the forks.
It looks like from the parts fiche that there is a mounting brakcet that is attached to the triple clamp, at least on one side.

Can someone post up a picture of what I'm looking for?
I bought a new headlight shroud and it's pretty obvious something is missing.
Is there a bracket for each side or just one?

Thanks in advance

• Bandit9

Posted August 01, 2012 - 11:02 AM

There should be a bracket on each side using the 2 upper fork pinch bolts to bolt down and hold bracket. The bracket on right also is the ignition mount. The left bracket has the front brake line guide/holder. Each bracket has a threaded nut for the bolt to hold the headlight shell on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mslow

Posted August 01, 2012 - 11:21 AM

There should be a bracket on each side using the 2 upper fork pinch bolts to bolt down and hold bracket. The bracket on right also is the ignition mount. The left bracket has the front brake line guide/holder. Each bracket has a threaded nut for the bolt to hold the headlight shell on.

that explains why th eparts fiche doesnt show the right side, it's under the 'electrical' breakdown, thanks!

• Hurky

Posted August 03, 2012 - 11:49 AM

The only pic's I have from this area are from my 2008'wr450:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.