WR450 stand length

3 replies to this topic
  • lewis87

Posted August 01, 2012 - 07:00 AM

I have a set of supermoto wheels on my 08 WR450 and the side stand is far too long now. The original seems to be made of aluminum and it's not a simple shape so would be difficult to shorten I think.

• Bandit9

Posted August 01, 2012 - 07:20 PM

Take it to a welder, have him cut the foot off, then take a few inches off, the weld foot back on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zibbit u2

Posted August 05, 2012 - 09:47 AM

If your suspension is still stock length on sumo wheels, then cut 1.5 inches from the length... Make the total length aprox 13.5" from center of the swivel bolt to middle of the foot. If you've shortened or lowered your suspension, then you'll have to take off a little more to accommodate the lowering.

Edited by rs25, August 05, 2012 - 09:49 AM.

• lewis87

Posted August 07, 2012 - 06:29 AM

Thanks guys. Suspension still standard but with the sumo wheels. Looks like I will find a welder to cut 1.5 inches off and weld it back together.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.