2000 426 trans problems

2 replies to this topic
  • kmk09

Posted July 23, 2012 - 11:07 PM

so its been a long time since i have been on here, but i have a problem, i loaded up my 426 last weekend and my girlfriend asked me why it was leaking oil, i told her it always leaks a little oil (out of the breather) and she said not like it was this time, i looked and what i saw was half a qt in the bed of my truck, mind you i had just loaded it up. I wipped away the oil and noticed it was leaking out of what appeared to be a crack in the case, great, just what i wanted, long story short, i pulled it apart and the good news is i can repair the case, the bad news is how the crack happend, i scattered the tranny, so with my bike being a street legal yz, i have a couple of questions for fellow TT members, the first being can i swap in a wr trans in my 2000? i know they never made a 2000 wr 426, the second is if so does anyone know where i can find a reasonablely priced wr trans, i have found yzs for 100-180 depending on new or used. Any help would be greatly appreciated, considering i have blown up my blaster, banshee, destroyed the push rods on the harley and now the trans on my 426 all in the past 6 months (harley the night befor the trans on the 426) i am in need of some help and cheap parts lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 24, 2012 - 07:00 AM

The WR426 trans drops in. You can reuse your output shaft, but not the main shaft. The low gear pinion is cut directly on that shaft. Shift forks are the same.

• kmk09

Posted July 26, 2012 - 07:16 AM

ok thank you, that answeres my biggest question, no the problem im having is finding a wr trans with out going through a dealer, they want 630 ish for a wr tans?? &%$#@!? So with that being said does any one know where to find a cheap wr trans?

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.