RMZ250- HARD TO START

4 replies to this topic
  • 1forabuzz

Posted July 23, 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hi all,
I have a 09 Rmz 250 and i am having difficulties starting it when the bike is cold or sitting around. Any ideas on what the problem might be?? When its hot it starts fine and runs perfectly either hot or cold when I am riding.

• Chappers998

Posted July 23, 2012 - 11:37 PM

No offence to yourself have you tried doing a search on the subject of hard starting?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ontherev164

Posted July 24, 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi all,
I have a 09 Rmz 250 and i am having difficulties starting it when the bike is cold or sitting around. Any ideas on what the problem might be?? When its hot it starts fine and runs perfectly either hot or cold when I am riding.

Whens the last time you check your your valves :)

• Mxerdude179

Posted July 24, 2012 - 12:52 PM

clean air filters make a world of difference...if that doesnt work, yeah check the valves. this is kind of out of left field but i read somewhere about stators not holding the energy to start it when cold, thats why it may be easier to start warm? also, maybe turn the idle up a tiny bit.

• Algreen

Posted July 24, 2012 - 08:28 PM

Are you using the choke?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.