Toy Hauler set up (wheel chocks, tiedown rings) ?

5 replies to this topic
  • BP219

Posted July 23, 2012 - 10:13 AM

I just purchased a toy hauler motor home. I've got the Rider Cargo wheel chocks and quick release mounts. How have folks mounted them to the floor when it is hard to get to the bolts from underneath due to the gas tank and other items being in the way ? Thanks !

BP

Edited by BP219, July 23, 2012 - 10:13 AM.

• Ron731

Posted July 23, 2012 - 05:30 PM

I just purchased a toy hauler motor home. I've got the Rider Cargo wheel chocks and quick release mounts. How have folks mounted them to the floor when it is hard to get to the bolts from underneath due to the gas tank and other items being in the way ? Thanks !

BP

I have a fuzion toy hauler and installed the risk racing setup.
Had to remove the one gas tank and lower the other one for me to get my hands in there.

I used a few floor jacks to lower them to the ground. And made sure they had very little gas in them at the time.
Good luck installing yours.

Ron.

• SMarquez

Posted July 23, 2012 - 06:00 PM

Check with the manufacturer about drilling in the frame. You want wall and floor liner screws to secure it. These are what your floor is secured to your frame with.
http://www.etrailer....CFWYbQgodjF8Arg

• BP219

Posted July 24, 2012 - 04:52 PM

Ron,
I figured I would have to drop the gas tank , etc. to mount my wheel chocks. I was hoping someone might have a better way though.

SMarquez,
I see your Fire & Police avatar. I raced Glen Helen F & P in 2007 and the New York round in 2006. I race the F & P Benefit every June and I promote the Ohio P & F Games MX every year as well.
The floor and wall trailer screws , do you drill a small hole first or do they drill thru on their own. Either way without a nut on the other end would they be able to hold down a wheel chock let alone a tie down ring with lots of pressure pulling on it ?

Thanks guys for your replies !!!

• Monk

Posted July 24, 2012 - 05:41 PM

Don't forget the stripper pole!

• SMarquez

Posted July 24, 2012 - 06:41 PM

Ron,
I figured I would have to drop the gas tank , etc. to mount my wheel chocks. I was hoping someone might have a better way though.

SMarquez,
I see your Fire & Police avatar. I raced Glen Helen F & P in 2007 and the New York round in 2006. I race the F & P Benefit every June and I promote the Ohio P & F Games MX every year as well.
The floor and wall trailer screws , do you drill a small hole first or do they drill thru on their own. Either way without a nut on the other end would they be able to hold down a wheel chock let alone a tie down ring with lots of pressure pulling on it ?

Thanks guys for your replies !!!

Good to hear from you. We are laying off for the summer, back to Comp Edge in September. Yes, you need to drill a pilot hole to run the screws in but they stay put. I think I used a #7 drill bit and they went right in. I put a couple Pingle type chocks in my weekend warriior and the havn't loosened. like I said, thats what the deck is fastened to the frame with.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.