Say it ain't so RacerX!!!!!!!!

1 reply to this topic
  • G-Man

Posted September 28, 2001 - 08:56 PM

Talked to Paul last night, from what I could hear, (his phone connection sucked!!!!LOL) he sounded a bit down since he's been injured. :D It seems like his hip injury just added more pain to his already painful wrist. And to make matters worse (you didn't hear it from me :D ) his wife is putting the pressure to him and he promised her he's gonna stop racing all together!!!!!

I mentioned to him that we are gonna rally up the AZOTMX gang and make a surprise appearance at casa de Wilson. :)

G-Man

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

http://www.geocities.com/gmann_3000/

G-Man

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • F-Pilot

Posted September 30, 2001 - 08:30 PM

Whoa! Just the thought of the OTMX gang showing up at your house should change the wife's mind! :D
Paul, I can't tell you how many times I've been in your situation.
I quit desert racing in 1987 after almost breaking my neck in Mexico. Almost quit riding completely but it's in my soul, I just love it too much! So I just went trailriding, no more racing.
The hardest one was breaking my hand (just trailriding), having surgery, and not being able to work for 8+ weeks. I was self-employed (flooring installer) and almost went bankrupt from the loss of income.
The wife almost had me convinced to quit but once I was healed up I was back on the trails.
I am fortunate with my current knee injury that I have an good employer and paid sick time.
Now my wife is getting tired of me being around all weekend. I guess she has become the ideal moto-widow. :)
Anyway, don't make any decision now. See how you feel about it in a few weeks/months.
Injurys are an inherent part of this sport but the thrills and friendships outlast them all.
Time heals all wounds, including the wifes anger.
Good Luck,
Bob

------------------
'00 YZ426F
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!
http://communities.m...m/FPilotsPhotos

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.