Decoding the vin/ what bike am I starting at?

3 replies to this topic
  • Tevonini

Posted July 19, 2012 - 07:23 PM

How the heck do I de code the vin number on this Yamaha? All I know is it's a 2000 is there or is there any signs that is model destinct feature to a bike? And I know for a fact it's taller than my gf's 2012 TTR 230 if that helps and it dose not have a head light at this time but looks like there might have been one at one time

• Bandit9

Posted July 19, 2012 - 07:33 PM

I believe it is the 10th digit will tell you what year. Although I don't know how to tell the diff b/t a 2000 or 2010.

Post a pic, we'll figure it out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tevonini

Posted July 19, 2012 - 07:51 PM

The pink slip says 2000

• Stealth13

Posted July 19, 2012 - 11:10 PM

Google motorcycle vin decoder. It tells everything like make model, engine size, country , etc

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.