FMF Q4/DRZ400S Fitting nightmare !

Long story short, I have been running a Q2- Power Bomb header for 5 years - The rivets on the back can failed, FMF would not repair even for a fee (Lame)

So I finally break down and purchase a new Q4. It slips on the existing header just fine EXCEPT the slots at the end of the rear can are too long and dont provide a seal with the headerpipe. After two weeks of sending pictures, phone calls, emails. FMF sends me a call tag to return the pipe.

I wait patiently and receive the second Q4 - It now has slots on 3/4 of an inch instead of one inch, however the new pipe will NOT slide onto the Powerbomb. Its the same outside size as the headerpipe. The response from FMF was that the slots might have been dented in shipping and to remove the headerpipe and assemble off the bike. I told them this thing aint nowhere near fitting, so it looks like more pictures and getting dirty in the garage to identify yet another non-fitting pipe.

What is so frustrating is that these are 100 percent stock parts sold by FMF that should fit together without issue.

Anyone else running into these problems with the Q4 and DRZ400S (2004 MODEL) ?

Thanks in advance

Sr-

I wait patiently and receive the second Q4 - It now has slots on 3/4 of an inch instead of one inch, however the new pipe will NOT slide onto the Powerbomb. Its the same outside size as the headerpipe. The response from FMF was that the slots might have been dented in shipping and to remove the headerpipe and assemble off the bike. I told them this thing aint nowhere near fitting, so it looks like more pictures and getting dirty in the garage to identify yet another non-fitting pipe.

If you sick of dealing with them, another option is get the tail pipe expanded to suit..

Most exhaust repair shops can do it...

• Like 1

I had the rivets wear out on mine too. I just used some SS washers from harbor freight and some longer rivets. Might not look the best but it still works and the pipe has been beaten with some lay downs lol.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...