41FCR-MX Carb

2 replies to this topic
  • allterra

Posted July 16, 2012 - 07:42 AM

I have a chance to pick up a 41mm fcr-mx carb.
I currently have a 07 WR450 with all the freemods and a correctly jetted 39mm fcr-mx carb. It's not that I'm unhappy with what I have but if this will give me that little more for just the cost of a jet kit I'm all for it. My question is are these bikes already fitted with the largest functional carbs they can use and run or can the extra air fuel mixture be utilized. I see no reason to but something on just to say I have it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted July 16, 2012 - 07:16 PM

Rs25 had installed a larger carb from a kx450
He has a way of making things that don't belong on a WR work pretty well

• MANIAC998

Posted July 16, 2012 - 08:04 PM

Good question! I guess, the answer depends on your riding style/terrain. Out here, more power is not the answer. Better, smoother power is. If it's a good deal, and you don't like it, re-sell it!!!
Maniac

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.