09 YZ450F Header Pipe

6 replies to this topic
  • 08kxf250

Posted July 15, 2012 - 09:49 PM

[color=#282828]Hey there,just after a bit of info if anyone can help....iv'e searched and read many threads on header pipes but can't find an answer.[/color]
[color=#282828]I bought a 09 YZ450F and the guy reckons it's a Euro Spec Edition...it's white with a red shock spring and the factory header pipe is a [/color]powerbomb[color=#282828] type set up,,,,,he put a [/color]Pro Circuit[color=#282828] T4 slip on on it,but he has had a sleeve made up for the header as the inside diameter of the slip on is to big....does anyone know if the powerbomb type factory headers are the same diameter as the others,i want to order an FMF online and they list 06-09 mufflers,but iv'e read here that the header pipe diameters vary from 06-09......has anyone put a Powercore 4 onto the 09 powerbomb type header and is it a bolt straight on job............cheers Steve[/color]

Edited by 08kxf250, July 15, 2012 - 09:51 PM.

• Steel Panther

Posted July 15, 2012 - 10:22 PM

any 06-09 exhaust will fit

• 08kxf250

Posted July 17, 2012 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for that..........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 18, 2012 - 07:22 AM

I think you'd be better off contacting FMF to get that answer. The Euro/Aussie exhaust with the coaxial resonator in the header is completely different than the US models, and within the US models there are two different header outlet diameters from '06 to '09. It's ceratinly not possible that any '06-'09 exhaust would fit except as a full system, as at least one of them would fail to match up with the header.

• 08kxf250

Posted July 19, 2012 - 05:58 PM

I think you'd be better off contacting FMF to get that answer. The Euro/Aussie exhaust with the coaxial resonator in the header is completely different than the US models, and within the US models there are two different header outlet diameters from '06 to '09. It's ceratinly not possible that any '06-'09 exhaust would fit except as a full system, as at least one of them would fail to match up with the header.

Cheers Grayracer.....that makes sense as i got the bike with a Pro Circuit T4 slip on on it,and the factory muffler which is a long cannon,not the shorty that seems to be on the US models.....with the T4 he has had a sleeve made for the header pipe so it fits,but the factory muffler doesn't fit with the sleeve on......i'll just leave it for now and save my money,the T4 is like new and i was only really considering the FMF because i like the look of them better than the T4...it's not a performance thing as the bike has plenty of get up and go for my riding level......thanks for the insight tho

• Steel Panther

Posted July 22, 2012 - 11:42 PM

I should have been more specific, as I was thinking of a full system and replied from my phone while being bored in class. Its always tricky mixing and matching different headers and mid pipes. my bad.

Edited by Steel Panther, July 22, 2012 - 11:46 PM.

• 08kxf250

Posted July 23, 2012 - 02:08 AM

I should have been more specific, as I was thinking of a full system and replied from my phone while being bored in class. Its always tricky mixing and matching different headers and mid pipes. my bad.

No drama buddy....at least you answered........

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.