Damaged 2012 450 Radiator

5 replies to this topic
  • xXNewfie709Xx

Posted July 14, 2012 - 02:41 PM

Was out on the trail today and got into a muddy section and dropped my bike down on a rock. My radiator on the left side of the bike when sitting on it is dented in a fair bit. No leaking out of the rad but I would like to replace it anyways. Do anyone know the OEM part number of have a link to the 12 WR 450 part fiche? Thanks!

http://www.yamaha-mo...WR450FB_-_2012)

Answered my own question.

Edited by xXNewfie709Xx, July 14, 2012 - 03:25 PM.

• cwallershasta

Posted July 17, 2012 - 11:04 AM

I damage my left side radiator as well. I was on the single track and dropping in on turn and hooked a broken branch with my hand guard and slammed my bike against the tree witch bent my radiator. It is contoured to the frame now and I'm not touching it. Seems to work fine and is not leaking. If I do fix it someday it will be at a place here in Salt Lake called Mylers, they are inexpensive and do a good job.

• Pooley

Posted July 17, 2012 - 07:53 PM

+1 for Mylers. Don't buy new until they can't/won't fix it anymore.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BFox

Posted July 18, 2012 - 05:05 AM

Was out on the trail today and got into a muddy section and dropped my bike down on a rock. My radiator on the left side of the bike when sitting on it is dented in a fair bit. No leaking out of the rad but I would like to replace it anyways. Do anyone know the OEM part number of have a link to the 12 WR 450 part fiche? Thanks!

http://www.yamaha-mo...WR450FB_-_2012)

Answered my own question.

XX Newf we have a guy that works out of his shop at home that is amazing at what he does wiyh cycles.If you want I can PM you and give you his number and ship it out to him.Generally its $45 for him to repair a really mangled leaking rad. And he pressure tests them

• xXNewfie709Xx

Posted July 18, 2012 - 06:00 PM

Mine isnt leaking either so Im gonna ride it and just watch for over heating. I went to my local yammy dealer and priced the replacement rad and for OEM its around $299!! I almost shat my self. I bought the rad guards (http://www.yamaha-mo...0/0/detail.aspx) and Ill put em on soon as I get my rad fixed. For anyone looking into to these, they seem like they are VERY solid. Wish I had em on sooner :)

• xXNewfie709Xx

Posted July 18, 2012 - 06:01 PM

XX Newf we have a guy that works out of his shop at home that is amazing at what he does wiyh cycles.If you want I can PM you and give you his number and ship it out to him.Generally its $45 for him to repair a really mangled leaking rad. And he pressure tests them

Thanks bro, PM me his info! Im gonna get a new rad soon and Ill send him my broken one to have as a spare part! You never know what can happen out on the trails!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.