2014 YZ450f Prediction/Wish List

32 replies to this topic
  • stroker101

Posted July 28, 2012 - 02:49 AM

fix the light steering feel, relocate or redesign the lower engine oil drain bolt, slimmer radiator shrouds (enlongate the rads to acheive narrower shrouds) ,...

Edited by stroker101, July 28, 2012 - 02:49 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted July 28, 2012 - 05:15 PM

...redesign the lower engine oil drain bolt, ...

Now there's a legitimate complaint. What is up with that, anyway? How hard could it possibly be?

• stroker101

Posted August 05, 2012 - 01:51 PM

" how are the kawasakis worn out at 20 hours?? just curious."

yeah, this seems hard to beleive. there are a bunch of new kawasaki's at our local tracks here and i doubt if that was the case, that these guy's would be buying them.

• stroker101

Posted August 05, 2012 - 01:53 PM

Now there's a legitimate complaint. What is up with that, anyway? How hard could it possibly be?

i agree. if anything, face the drain bolt foward instead of towards the engine cradle

• yamahadude93

Posted August 05, 2012 - 05:34 PM

" how are the kawasakis worn out at 20 hours?? just curious."

yeah, this seems hard to beleive. there are a bunch of new kawasaki's at our local tracks here and i doubt if that was the case, that these guy's would be buying them.

this is very very true, my buddy and i both purchased new bikes last month, he got the kawi i bought the yamaha, we have the same time on the bike, and it looks like its been through hell already. the green plastics seem to show a lot of scratches. the motor might still be perfect but the shell is hurting lol

• FinchFan194

Posted August 06, 2012 - 10:22 AM

this is very very true, my buddy and i both purchased new bikes last month, he got the kawi i bought the yamaha, we have the same time on the bike, and it looks like its been through hell already. the green plastics seem to show a lot of scratches. the motor might still be perfect but the shell is hurting lol

Who cares what it looks like! This isnt a fashion show!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • antfizzle

Posted August 07, 2012 - 10:19 AM

Who cares what it looks like! This isnt a fashion show!

my bike looks as if it were entering a fashion show

• YHGEORGE

Posted August 07, 2012 - 10:29 AM

Quit posing, start riding!

• FinchFan194

Posted August 07, 2012 - 10:39 AM

:thumbsup:

• Tmall

Posted August 07, 2012 - 12:39 PM

if anyones plastics loook shabby, its yamaha. ive never seen plastics get white stress marks so fast.

I have an 09 Yamaha 450 and a 2010 Kawi 450 in the shed. They have about the same amount of hours on them. The Yamaha is grey. You couldn't make those plastics white again without sanding the hell out of them. The stickers are ripped and torn. Some are missing completely. The rear disk guard is hanging by a bolt.

The Kawi has the usual scrapes and scratches, but the white number plate and side shrouds are still very much white. And the frame has a nice polish from my knees rubbing on it, the Yami doesn't. I've dumped the Kawi hard many times, and the fricking hand grips still aren't torn through on the ends.

• yamahadude93

Posted August 07, 2012 - 04:54 PM

Meh to each is its own. This is a yamaha page right?

• jnabuurs

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:13 AM

Just stiffer forksprings with better valving front and rear, the lip from the exhausmount pipe shortened so you can remove the shock by only remove three bolts and a little more revving and keeping the reliability the rest is really oke if not the best.

• Joe_Jet

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:35 AM

yea...I was caught by surprise by this. I thought it was very unyamahaish. I couldn't get my torque wrench on it or any other tools I had at the time. I bought a closed end wrench with a dog leg in it, sure this has a proper name, and I've done the change so many times now I've forgotten about it. I was really peaved at first though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.