2012 WR450f Map for the road

2 replies to this topic
  • Meszaros39

Posted July 12, 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hey everyone, i have been searching this website for days and days and cant find a solution....
ok well im new to the enduro bike world and the yamaha world aswell! (Honda man at heart) but i recently purchased the 2012 wr450 and absolutly love it... im in australia so it came with the throttle stop blah blah blah did all that. once i removed the throttle restricter screw it made a whole lot of difference but now its got a horrible flat spot when you crack open the throttle, so i then purchased the power tuner which arrived this week,
now for the time being the bike will be doing alot of riding on the road (not alot of bush riding but will be a little bit)
im having alot of trouble trying to find a map which would suit it being help open for a long period of time, obviously i dont want to install a map which is designed for the bush or motocross track or what not...
as it will probably do damage to the motor??
as i said im new to this whole thing so any help would be absolutly awesome.
and also what are some mods i can do to make it look better but still be legal or not get hasseld by the cops atleast any ways (tail light/numberplate bracket/blinkers etc.)

look forward to making this bike an absolutly cracker and maybe hitting some trails with a few of you fellow aussies!!

Mezza39

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chriscasha

Posted July 13, 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hey everyone, i have been searching this website for days and days and cant find a solution....
ok well im new to the enduro bike world and the yamaha world aswell! (Honda man at heart) but i recently purchased the 2012 wr450 and absolutly love it... im in australia so it came with the throttle stop blah blah blah did all that. once i removed the throttle restricter screw it made a whole lot of difference but now its got a horrible flat spot when you crack open the throttle, so i then purchased the power tuner which arrived this week,
now for the time being the bike will be doing alot of riding on the road (not alot of bush riding but will be a little bit)
im having alot of trouble trying to find a map which would suit it being help open for a long period of time, obviously i dont want to install a map which is designed for the bush or motocross track or what not...
as it will probably do damage to the motor??
as i said im new to this whole thing so any help would be absolutly awesome.
and also what are some mods i can do to make it look better but still be legal or not get hasseld by the cops atleast any ways (tail light/numberplate bracket/blinkers etc.)

look forward to making this bike an absolutly cracker and maybe hitting some trails with a few of you fellow aussies!!

Mezza39

Hey mezza, I'm from Aus as well :D

I ride an 08' wr and I love it, have you ridden the carby models, if so how do they compare to the 2012?

ok numberplate wise, stay away from fender eliminators because cops will book you if they want to. There are plenty of LED blinker kits and you wont get done for them :D There aren't to many mods that cops wont bug you about unfortunately :) I live in Sydney, so MCAS in Auburn is the best place but idk where you live :S

I have these though;

DRC 602 LED Indicators
GYTR off road number plate holder (the cops can't tell if it's aftermarket or not so no need to worry)

There aren't many maps like 6 or something, or you make your own but I think the sand map or the woods map would be the best for road use: http://www.transmoto...aha-WR450F-Maps

• Meszaros39

Posted July 14, 2012 - 01:37 AM

Hey mezza, I'm from Aus as well :D

I ride an 08' wr and I love it, have you ridden the carby models, if so how do they compare to the 2012?

ok numberplate wise, stay away from fender eliminators because cops will book you if they want to. There are plenty of LED blinker kits and you wont get done for them :D There aren't to many mods that cops wont bug you about unfortunately :) I live in Sydney, so MCAS in Auburn is the best place but idk where you live :S

I have these though;

DRC 602 LED Indicators
GYTR off road number plate holder (the cops can't tell if it's aftermarket or not so no need to worry)

There aren't many maps like 6 or something, or you make your own but I think the sand map or the woods map would be the best for road use: http://www.transmoto...aha-WR450F-Maps

thanks for the reply buddy! yeah i think i am going to have to make a trip to MCA i go there a bit on my way through when i go to sydney with the mrs.... ( im from mudgee) i think i will be able to spend a fortune in there haha thanks for your help though! i was thinking that the woods map would probably suit most... but thought somone might have made their own map but clearly not... and nah this is my first yamaha all together only carby bikes i have ridden are the 05-07 crf250... as i said im new to the wr scene or even the yamaha scene...

Edited by Meszaros39, July 14, 2012 - 01:39 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.