Counter Attacks

24 replies to this topic
  • yzernie

Posted September 26, 2001 - 08:26 PM

Hi All,

It will not be much longer before our military begins the action against Osama bin Laden and the rest of the buffoons in the Mid East. We must remain aware of the potential for counter attacks by the members of his groups living in the USA.

Osama bin Laden has made his hatred of the United States of America painfully clear. He and his followers have said that as soon as the military action begins, they will continue with further terrorist attacks on OUR soil.

We, as citizens of the greatest nation in the world, must remain aware and not think the threat has ended. I firmly believe we will seek and find Osama bin Laden (from behind whatever rock he is hiding) and bring him to an immediate and just punishment. This action will not deter his followers from completing his mission against us and cause further harm to our citizens and country.

God forbid that some type of terrorist attack would take place in any of our communities. Our local law enforcement and fire departments would be taxed beyond comprehension. While we cannot be paranoid and I certainly do not condone any type of vigilantism, we must be willing to protect our ourselves and our loved ones.

Keep the faith and believe in our great country and our leaders.

Ernie

------------------
Life is too short, work hard...play hard

• Scott_F

Posted September 27, 2001 - 04:43 AM

Yeah, I figure the longer it takes to respond, the bigger the hit will be. The military have to get everything in place before they strike.

Those raghead Talibans are digging holes faster that a turbo charged Ditch Witch.

To get back on topic, Afghanistan looks like it has some good riding. Maybe we could turn the entire country into a destination resort for off roaders, make it one big off road park. Rename it Offroadistan.

• dirtbikebd

Posted September 27, 2001 - 07:50 AM

That would be a killer Idea, make it into an offroad park. HAHHAHA

Also with waiting on the attacks, Can you imagine the anxiety the Taliban is having right now. Not knowing when, but knowing it will happen. I was kind of irrataed we haven't taken action yet, but then after thinking about it, this is probably the best way. Let them sweat, and at the same time plan the attack for precision that will cause us less fatalities on our military.

• yzernie

Posted September 27, 2001 - 07:57 AM

Originally posted by Scott F:
Maybe we could turn the entire country into a destination resort for off roaders, make it one big off road park. Rename it Offroadistan.

Scott,

That is a classic. You are too funny....

Ernie

------------------
Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing

• neWRiver

Posted September 27, 2001 - 08:14 AM

Rename it Offroadistan.

That's funny!

Hey, I don't want to diminish the gravity of this unfortunate situation. It does seem like we are headed toward a larger footprint in the Middle East. I'm betting on a prolonged occupation or at least a significantly increased, long lasting military presence for the purposes of stabilizing what will be a prolonged war effort. Personally I feel that this is a very undesirable and dangerous path to take, but I don't really believe that CIA intelligence ops and military special forces ops are going to be the major thrust. Heck, it seems to me that CIA covert ops are a major contributing factor to the current situation in the region.

We are definitely living in a dangerous New World. Attacks on our soil will continue to be sought by the resistance (terrorists) as a means of engaging battle against the US. Hopefully, we can wipe out there war making capability quickly and keep them engaged over there instead, but I wouldn't count on it. In any event, sadly, our current and future generations in the US are going to have to learn to be constantly vigillant.

On the lighter side, it seems to me that Afghanistan has a two-faced neighbor that will very soon find itself in the target zone. And I'm thinking that hikers need a nice place to go away from the noisy off roaders. How about Backpack-istan!

• dhowell

Posted September 27, 2001 - 08:49 AM

I too am saddened, hurt, pissed, scared, waiting to see some action, etc. about this whole situation. I am not sure the racial makeup of the members on this forum, nor do I care. We are all in this together in my book. I laugh at the jokes just like everyone else. But, we may be offending other members with terms like "ragheads". We seem to have a real good group of folks on this page and I would hate to run off a good innocent member because the language is too offensive. I am not perfect by far nor am I trying to be the page police, it's just my $0.02.

• eBayThumper

Posted September 27, 2001 - 09:30 PM

All I can say is that if those two countries were called offroadistan and backpackistan we wouldn't be fighting in the first place!

I also agree with dhowell, we need to remember that this is a website and has visitior from other nations as well.

You all make this a fun place to visit as well as get great info. Keep it up and keep it positive. We will all get through this together.

I think I'll go for the larger gas tank in case the $#!^ hits the fan...brrrraaaaaaap!

peace,
J

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
Rip the knobbies clean off !!
[/list]

• Scott_F

Posted September 27, 2001 - 09:58 PM

I was calling the Talibans ragheads. I think that is a rather mild jab compared to their evil deeds. I'm sure there are no Talibans reading this forum, and if there were, I would not regret "offending" them.

Welcome Offroadistan and Backpackistan, the newest US Territories. Will Iran and Iwrecked be next?

[This message has been edited by Scott F (edited September 27, 2001).]

• neWRiver

Posted September 27, 2001 - 10:46 AM

Welcome Offroadistan and Backpackistan, the newest US Territories. Will Iran and Iwrecked be next?

It just keeps getting funnier...

Scott, I really like your sense of humor, but dhowell does make a valid point. I myself have no reservations about offending
the Taliban either. In fact, our government is getting ready to do some major offending and I tend to support the principles behind that effort.

I personally did not read any racial prejudice into your previous remark. I've always found that the membership in this forum consistently demonstrates a very good sense of civil treatment toward others.
However, I think that such terminology does carry too much derisive connotation describing a very generalized group of people that for the most part have nothing to do with the Taliban or terrorism. I always grimace a bit when I hear terms like that used in any context no matter how innocent the reference may be.

• Husker_Mike

Posted September 27, 2001 - 12:07 PM

Scott F,

Dammit man, how insensative can you be? Please refer to this group of nasties as "ragheaded Talibans" as not to generally offend anyone who may wear some type of cerimonial dress on their domes. For example, in conversation you could ask, "Pardon, but have we bombed those ragheaded Taliban bastards yet?"

I've always wondered about those folks who wear those, umm, wraps, on their heads. Do they have special SNELL or DOT approved ones for motorcycle usage? Tee hee.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Husker_Mike

Posted September 27, 2001 - 12:16 PM

Scott F,

Dammit man, how insensative can you be? Please refer to this group of nasties as "ragheaded Talibans" as not to generally offend anyone who may wear some type of cerimonial dress on their domes. For example, in conversation you could ask, "Pardon, but have we bombed those ragheaded Taliban bastards yet?"

I've always wondered about those folks who wear those, umm, wraps, on their heads. Do they have special SNELL or DOT approved ones for motorcycle usage? Tee hee.

• UNCHeelYeah

Posted September 27, 2001 - 12:30 PM

I'm beyond caring whether or not my opinion offends one from a foreign nation. One of the rights granted to citizens of this nation is "freedom of speech", and we should not take any of our civil liberties for granted. When will the people of our nation realize that catering to the various foreign contingencies along with our open-door policy has helped to bring about this tragic occurence? I'm shaking my head in disbelief here folks.

• sirthumpalot

Posted September 27, 2001 - 12:54 PM

Who gets to run the first lap of offroadistan and clear the mines for the rest of us?

[This message has been edited by sirthumpalot (edited September 27, 2001).]

• eBayThumper

Posted September 27, 2001 - 01:55 PM

I'll run the first lap...with the front tire in the air and a kevlar vest (screw the plastic chest protector) I should be on my way out before the blast hits....

"taliban,,,taliban,,,tally me bananna"

see, no general sweeping insults here....

Ride on!

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
Rip the knobbies clean off !!
[/list]

• Husker_Mike

Posted September 27, 2001 - 02:10 PM

I'm unable to post it, but I've got a great photo of a very well equipted ATV that would be quite useful in "offroadistan." Send me an email to m.kula@marshallad.com and I'll send it to you and maybe someone can post it to this thread.

• neWRiver

Posted September 27, 2001 - 02:23 PM

Originally posted by UNCHeelYeah:
I'm beyond caring whether or not my opinion offends one from a foreign nation. One of the rights granted to citizens of this nation is "freedom of speech", and we should not take any of our civil liberties for granted. When will the people of our nation realize that catering to the various foreign contingencies along with our open-door policy has helped to bring about this tragic occurence? I'm shaking my head in disbelief here folks.

Actually, free speech is a "declared" and consitutionally "protected" right in this country. Our forefathers declared that governments are instituted with power derived from the consent of the people to secure our unalienable rights. Our government does not "grant" such rights to us. Indeed, these rights should not be taken for granted, the battles fought to secure them have been long and hard. I dare say that we are fighting for that security right now.

Rights can be abused though...

Also, I'm sure glad the door was still open when my immigrating ancestors came knockin' :)

• yzernie

Posted September 27, 2001 - 04:59 PM

Who gets to run the first lap of offroadistan and clear the mines for the rest of us?[/QUOTE]

I think that since Scott F and neWRiver came up with the names for our new territories, they should have first pick for the first lap!!!

I know Scott can sneak up on them and be gone before they knew what happened. Maybe if we all go together, we can get UPS or Fed EX to cut us a deal on shipping the bikes :)

Ernie

------------------
Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing

• yzernie

Posted September 27, 2001 - 05:06 PM

Who gets to run the first lap of offroadistan and clear the mines for the rest of us?[/QUOTE]

Hey...my wife came up with a great idea. The first laps to clear the mine fields can be done by anyone riding a Hondog, Slowzuki, Kawasucki or a Kaboom.

She is always thinking of my safety....I love her soooo much!!!!!

Ernie

------------------

• Scott_F

Posted September 28, 2001 - 09:16 PM

I say we send the terrorists out into the mine fields blind folded, and throw firecrackers at them to make them even more nervous. Of course video tape it for our viewing audience at home. That should satisfy the hunger for "reality show" TV.

• neWRiver

Posted September 28, 2001 - 10:26 AM

I say we send the terrorists out into the mine fields blind folded, and throw firecrackers at them to make them even more nervous. Of course video tape it for our viewing audience at home. That should satisfy the hunger for "reality show" TV.

Spectatorism, reality TV...

Ya know, this is kind of freaky, but I had just about the same mental picture (man, I'm a sick puppy).

After I thought about it some more though, I came up with this.

OK, we get a team of riders out there on the field of that new football (soccer?) stadium. The Taliban leaders get to be on the other team. Only they don't get bikes. They get put in a big burlap sack with little holes to see out and some holes in the bottom so they can stick there feet out (I forget what they call that outfit they make the women wear). Their objective is to get to the goal. The riders can buzz around them and harass them as much as they want (even though they can't really see whats around them through those little holes). Every time their ankles show, the riders can whack them several times with sticks - hockey sticks maybe. You see, this is kind of like polo or something.

Now, if they wander out of bounds, the cheer leaders (Afghan woman volunteers) get to wear bikinis (or what ever clothes they like) and dance on top of them with spike heels until the Taliban player decides that he really was having more fun out on the field.

If they manage to make it to the goal, they get to go home! Well actually they'd be in a sort of a cell because we won't let them go outside or anything (unless we feel up to another game, of course).

I haven't figured out the scoring system yet except that they don't get to have a chance in hell of winning.

And the whole thing gets video taped just because it pisses them off.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.