Stock sprocket & chain

1 reply to this topic
  • dhowell

Posted September 26, 2001 - 02:24 PM

I really hate to start another thread on this subject which seems to be the subject of the week. But, I have a question about the stock spocket and chain. I have searched the site and several responses say that the stock sprocket size is 48t and the chain is 116l. My concern is that my sprocket on my '01 yz426 is clearly stamped 49 and I count 114 links. Am I missing something or what? When you count the links do you include the master link? When you get a new chain do you figure in the master link?

Like I said, sorry to beat this subject into the ground, but simply put you guys have been helping me out a lot. Thanks in advance for you help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt_W

Posted September 26, 2001 - 03:42 PM

The stock rear sprocket is 49 Teeth. If you are concerned with the chain length because you intend to buy a new chain, throw all logic out the window. My manual says the stock chain length is "113 links + joint". Yet I just purchased a D.I.D 520-120 O-Ring chain and I only removed 2 links to get the correct chain length. I've made the mistake of buying a chain and cutting it to the exact number of links recommended in the manual only to find It was waaaaaay to short. I have the 2000 model, but I am pretty sure the specifications are the same.

------------------
Matt W
00 YZ426F
94 YZ 250
http://www.mattwilliard.com
"Don't worry about me, how's my bike ?"

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.