6'2" 225 pounds... Wr 400 enough power for me?

7 replies to this topic
  • Tevonini

Posted July 09, 2012 - 03:06 PM

I've been saving for a wr 426 for a while and I'm I've found wr400's for alot cheaper... My riding skill on a dirt bike is probably a 6... 1 being novice and 10 being pro and I've never ridden a 400... Will it be enough bike for me?

• Stealth13

Posted July 09, 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yes , I see people your size on the 250 4 strokes. I'm 180 and it has enough power to flip me over easy

• MANIAC998

Posted July 09, 2012 - 04:13 PM

The power difference between a 400 and a 426 isn't all that much. Noticable, but not substantial. And both will work just fine for rider skill levels all the way up to 8 or 8.5 easy enough. It's mostly rider skill that determines a win anyhow, not the bike.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 09, 2012 - 04:16 PM

it will be plenty! A little less power will probably make it easier to ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tevonini

Posted July 09, 2012 - 04:25 PM

Thanks guys! It's aperciated alot

• Ssquared

Posted September 17, 2012 - 06:30 AM

If you're worried about power when purchasing a stock bike don't be. I bought my 400 bone stock and it was less than remarkable. But I took off the airbox lid, threw on a stock pipe from a yz400 (25 bucks on fleabay), cut the grey wire, did the yz cam timing mod and jetted it and it is a completely different bike with a LOT of attitude. After this you basically have a powerful yz400f engine mated with a wide ratio trans and a flywheel weight. Best cheap 4-stroke for harescrambles? .... :ride:

• YamaLink

Posted September 17, 2012 - 06:49 AM

Absolutely! Makre sure it's properly sprung for your weight and the gearing is suitable for the local terrain. At 225 pounds of muscle you'll rip on the WR! Have fun.

• chatchie

Posted September 17, 2012 - 04:59 PM

Yeah, I'm 250lbs and my uncorked 450 will make me look silly if I let it. Things get blurry pretty fast.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.