powerbomb.... moto.... sx.. whats the difference

3 replies to this topic
  • yamahasocal450

Posted October 30, 2003 - 04:34 PM

ok well ive decided on the titanium powebomb header, now when i order it it says moto or sx.. whats the difference between the 2 ... is this a stupid question :D :)

• dominator426

Posted October 31, 2003 - 02:15 AM

Compared to the regular 'moto' configuration, the 'SX' (supercross) header has smaller diameter tubing before the bulge, matched to the exhaust port, to increase low and mid range power by increasing back pressure at exhaust port.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahasocal450

Posted November 03, 2003 - 05:59 PM

so do you think i should get the moto or sx, more low range sounds great because im going to get the yz camshaft soon but i dont want to cut out too much up top thanks :) :D

• MiniMadMan50

Posted November 04, 2003 - 08:33 AM

I have the moto on my 250F, and it REALLY comes to life up top. Is this going to be on your wr450? If I was you, I would go with the SX for the low end. Not that these big bore really lack in either department, but if anything I would want more low end. Then get your jetting dialed in. Once I went to a leaner mainjet on my 426, the power up top came to life. With your new pipe and excellent jetting, seems to me like you will be able to achieve the best of both worlds :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.