New Clutch recommendations

5 replies to this topic
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 30, 2003 - 04:08 PM

Hey Guys,
Just trying to get everyone's experience on new clutch plates. I hear the stock Yamaha ones are hard to beat. What are the best clutch plates to run on the WR series bikes? Thanks for the replies. :)

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 30, 2003 - 06:15 PM

Come on Dan. You couldn't of fried your cluch already. Moab wasn't that hard on it. :)

My stock yamaha plates lasted till this summer. That is like 4 years.

DONT! install an EBC cluch of any kind. They SUCK!
I burnt one out this summer in 100 miles.

I have Barnet Kevlar clutch kit in mine andd it seems to be working very good.

I hear that Dunlopads is making clutch kits. Ive heard that there brake pads are awsome. If there clutch plates are that good they may be someone to look at.

• davidmoeller

Posted October 30, 2003 - 06:19 PM

Dan, Jack that gas cap up and slip a orange meat eater
under it. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 30, 2003 - 07:18 PM

Hey Don my clutch is fine but I feel better dropping in a new one every year since I am a high mileage user and not an abuser like you! Ha Ha! Moab was awsome! riding at home is so much less technical it is almost boring. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 30, 2003 - 07:20 PM

Dave you are one crazy dude! I hope I get to tow strap pull that orange meat out of the woods some day! Maybe in Florida swamps this winter? We got to hook up down there. :)

• davidmoeller

Posted October 31, 2003 - 07:49 AM

Dan Dan.....Careful, the hunter may become the hunted :) :D
S12 front tire nothing nothing nothing nothing

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.