New '01 YZ426 - BMP spark arrestor jetting?

3 replies to this topic
  • skthom

Posted September 26, 2001 - 07:44 AM

I picked up my new 01' yz yesterday. I just want to thank all the people on the forum for all of the set up tips.

I've been busy loctiting, greasing, and oiling stuff...

Starts 1-2 kick when cold (so far), same with hot start.

Since I would like to ride in a nearby forest, I've heard that the BMP spark arrestor is a reasonable deal ($130 or so).

For those who've installed this, did you have to adjust the jetting substantially?

• skthom

Posted September 26, 2001 - 08:47 AM

Oops - didn't know I could just use the "search" function to see what else had been written about this already.

Looks like the topic is covered well enough already.

Sorry for the extra posts...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dhvann

Posted September 27, 2001 - 03:34 PM

I just installed my BMP spark arrestor a week ago. It's great! I used the standard 8 plates that come with it. Theres still plenty of power left over, and its slightly less obnoxious on the decibel level. I did'nt have to re-jet at all. I did have to adjust my low-speed mixture (pilot), 1/4 turn in . Also, the model that they are shipping now does NOT fit exactly without modifications. You will either have to bore out the new end cap, or can take a dremel tool and cut off about 7/16" off the end of the baffle, what I did. I had heard that this was the case and asked them about it before I ordered it, they said it would fit without ANY modifications. I called them after I found it was not an exact fit and they mentioned that from now on they will bore out the end caps before they ship them out. All in all its a great product!

• PK

Posted September 28, 2001 - 08:48 PM

I also just installed a BMP on my bike and really like it. I didn't have to adjust anything (I had a FMF Power Core 4 on it before) and it runs great. Mine only came with 6 discs so I ordered 6 more and wound up only installing 5 of those (11 total) because the bolts weren't long enough for 12 and the exhaust guard. I too had to cut off 13mm from the inner exhaust to get the end cap on. I also recommend pulling out the excess the packing before you try to stuff the new end cap in. Good luck...

99 YZ400

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.